The McPhail Group LLC is a global higher education consulting practice dedicated to providing high quality services to a broad network of clients. At the McPhail Group LLC, we have expertise in the ideas that are transforming contemporary higher education institutions: academic strategy and innovation, reframing academic leadership, and improving student success for a diverse cadre of learners.
The McPhail Group LLC is committed to improving student learning outcomes and organizational performance. We work collaboratively with clients to advance their vision, strategy, and execution.
- We work only with individuals and institutions where we can make a difference.
- We expect excellence from ourselves and our clients.
- We stand behind our services.
- We believe in the power of innovation, inspiration, and imagination.
- We listen with our hearts and minds.
- We have the capacity to recognize our mistakes and the courage to adapt.
Core Competencies and Deliverables
Strategy and Innovation
- Strategic Planning, Operational Planning, and Results Management
- Mentor the strategic planning committee in a variety of strategic planning process methods
- Lead the strategic planning process and write the final strategic plan document
- Planning, Budgeting, and Resource Allocation for Student Success
- Design planning, budgeting, and resource allocation models that align with student success outcomes
- The Learning College: Implications for Current National Initiatives
- Conduct interactive workshops on learning college theory and applications to Guided Pathways, Achieving the Dream, College Completion, and other contemporary transformation efforts
- Leadership and Decision-Making through an Equity Lens
- Creating Equity-Minded Organizational Cultures
- Culture and Climate Surveys
- Leadership Development and Succession Planning
- Strategies for Goal Alignment within and between Organizational Units
- Emergenetics: Assessment Profiles and Meeting of the Minds Seminars
- Grow Your Own Midlevel Leadership Academy
- The First Ninety Days: Leadership Transition Planning
- Individual and Team Leadership Development and Coaching
Diversity/Equity/Inclusion in Teaching and Learning
- Culturally Responsive Teaching (CRT)
- Design a CRT pedagogy
- Evaluate the impact of CRT approaches
- Conduct interactive workshops on CRT and improving African American student learning outcomes
- Best Practices in Minority Engineering Education
- Conduct interactive workshops on research-based success factors for underrepresented minorities in undergraduate engineering education
- Consult with Multicultural Engineering Program (MEP) staff and like-minded leaders on strategies for increasing diversity/equity/inclusion in engineering education and careers
- Improving Literacy Education with Diverse Learners
- Conduct interactive workshops on best practices for teaching literacy (reading/language arts) to African American learners, K–Adult
- Fostering Equity-Centered policies and practices